A woman’s life comprises many phases, one such phase is menopause, and this is the time where, the menstruation and functioning of the ovaries would be paused inadvertently. The age when menopause occurs would be always varied in each woman; some may attain their menopause at 40s, 50s and few in their early 30s. However, the ideal age for attaining menopause would be between 45 to 50 years.
Would get pregnant during Menopause?
Most of the women mistakenly perceive pre-menopausal state as menopausal, before actually entering into the menopause, i.e. the transitional time from pre-menopause to menopause, during this gap you will get pregnant. Irregular periods wouldn’t always remain as as the sign of menopause, because there resides various medical reasons for the irregular periods.
Therefore, these symptoms would also deemed to be as a pre-menopausal phase. When you have a nil period for a year, then you can derive a conclusion that you are in menopause period. You can affirm this after due consultation with your health-care provider. Woman in post-menopausal stage cannot get pregnant obviously, as the ovaries do not contain egg which can induce fertilization. However, with advanced procedures like IVF and with the assistance of donor eggs you can absolutely deliver a baby even in your menopause.
How do I know if I am sailing in my menopause?
These are the symptoms, which you would be experiencing, when you hit the menopausal stage.
- Irregular periods : This is the first thing, which you would be witnessing during your menopause. The frequency and duration of the menstrual cycle would be erratic.
- Decline in fertility : During the pre-menopausal stage, the major hormone estrogen would be foreshortened, thereby inducing an adverse effect on the ability to get pregnant
- Vaginal dryness : You may sense a pain during sexual intercourse with an experience in itching.
- Hot flashes : You may feel sudden hotness on the neck, face, chest and also on the other upper body parts, which later may also make you to feel the same with the lower parts of the body. This makes you to perspire more
- Urinary tract problems : You may acquire urinary tract infections such as cystitis.
Stages of menopause
- Perimenopause : Perimenopause is the condition that transpires before menopause, i.e before the estrogen levels falls down. Typical age for entering perimenopause is late 40’s.
- Early menopause : Certain factors other than natural aging process may promote the early menopause. These factors may include, hysterectomy, oophorectomy, and premature ovarian failure.
- Menopause : Once you give a miss to your periods for a year, i.e. : The age between 50 to 52, then this phase is being termed as Menopause.
- Post menopause : Post menopause is the phase, where a year has been passed off ever since your last period. Comprehensive symptoms would be encountered like vaginal dryness, insomnia, tachycardia, night sweats, and hot flashes.
Here are some Tips to remain healthy during Menopause
In this vital phase, one should refrain from the smoking habit and alcohol consumption, as this would trigger symptoms like like hot flashes, which would be occurring during menopause. One should be an exercise alcoholic in this juncture to keep stress and weight gain at the bay.
There should be an inclusion of healthy green vegetables in your diet to reduce the amount of animal products. There should be an inclusion of healthy green vegetables in your diet to reduce the consumption of animal products. One should have a cancer screening by keeping a constant check on the Vitamin D levels to avoid the chances of deteriorating bone health. For easing the signs of depression, one should undergo an ample rest.